So. You jumped on the glitter train. Me too. It’s so cute right? And it’s everywhere! It’s sparkly, shiny, versatile, colorful, and it stands out. As soon as I saw the new Muppets colors from OPI, I rushed out to the store.
We all painted our nails without a care in the world. We reveled in our compliments for about a week until we discovered an even better technique to maximize our glitter potential, and busted out the polish remover.
Flash to me practically crying in frustration as I try to scrape the glitter flakes off of my fingernails with a butter knife 20 minutes later. Yeah. I would imagine that you know the feeling. But there is a better way!
Peep this: THE TINFOIL THEORY!
This is the angry glitter that I am talking about. Let’s kick it’s butt.
This is what you need:
- Tin foil cut up into 1 by 1 inch squares
- Polish remover
- Cotton squares or something similar, torn into nail-sized pieces
This is what you do:
- Douse the cotton pieces in polish remover. DOUSE THEM!
- Put one piece on each nail, then cover it up with the foil and squeeze it tight around your finger. I mean as tight as you can. It has to keep the cotton pressing against your nail
- Wait 5-7 minutes, and hope that no one comes into the room and sees you. My boyfriend did and I had to explain that I wasn’t trying to prevent aliens from stealing my finger’s thoughts.
- Once your time is up, push down on the nails and rub around a little bit while removing the foilies.
- Donesies! Now admire your resourcefulness and get ready for some new polish!